Sunday, September 28, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Monday, June 2, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Some subscribers (and by some I mean all) might notice that there are random pictures nestled into the feed from last night. This was a mistake by me. I was fiddling with feedburner and switched the PhotoSplicr on with the Group ID inserted. However the PhotoSplicr doesn't support Group IDs so it got random pictures and inserted them instead. I apologize for any problems this might have caused. Rest assured this will not happen again.
Night shoot St james Square Grimsby (Thanks Brassai)
Originally uploaded by cabstar1.
My first selection is this the image about by cabstar1. Its hard to get a good black and white long exposure and this one is great! It really draws the viewer in. And it exudes mood everywhere. I simply love it!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Continuing to post my learnings as I journey from daylight into the dark side of night photography.
Went out on my third night excursion last weekend with my old man. 2 Hr trip up in the mountains to an old derelict blast furnace. I was happy with some of the shots I took.
So What Were The Learnings?
1) I realised when I was down there that I had no idea about how to find the North or South celestial pole.... I do now. Click here to find out how to do it for Nth or Sth hemisphere.
2) My new little Xenon torch was the bomb! No colour casts at all and perfect size and power.
3) Getting into a routine with exposure calculations is important (I only left it on 1600 ISO once).
4) Praying to the gods for clouds seems to work.... it was clear when we started shooting then we got perfect cloud cover through the night.
5) Bottle of red wine definitely goes down well for night photography